Frequently Asked Questions - Land Buying
- Yes, we own each property and sell directly to customers with no third party involved. This is one of the reasons we can sell land so inexpensively.
What kind of guarantee do you offer, if I purchase land from you?
- We sell properties using Warranty Deeds (the best type of deed) and Special Warranty Deeds, therefore we guarantee that all properties have a free and clear title with no liens or encumbrances. We also guarantee on most properties that property taxes and association fees (if any) are current.
How can I find out about land use or building regulations for a property?
- While the information we provide about zoning & land use on each property is to the best of our knowledge, we encourage buyers to do their own research (due diligence) by calling, emailing or visiting the county planning & zoning department where the property is located. They can tell you exactly how a property can be used and what can be built on the property. They will require the APN# from the land listing page to give you accurate information about the particular property you're interested in. We also provide the county's phone number at every land listing.
Can I visit the property before I purchase it?
- Absolutely. We provide GPS coordinates for each property that are simple to use on any smartphone or car gps. Please contact us if you are not familiar with how to use GPS coordinates with your phone or need additional help with directions. We also have a link to a simple Google Maps GPS tutorial on every land listing. It's really just as simple as opening Google Maps on your smartphone and instead of entering an address, enter the two GPS numbers (with a space in between) that are given at the land listing. Before starting your drive, please make sure the directions that your smartphone is giving makes sense, because it only takes one incorrect number for the directions to be way off.
Are you a real estate agent and will you be showing me the property?
- We are not real estate brokers or agents. We own the property and sell directly to the customer without any middleman. By not having a real estate agent with a commission involved, and by customers viewing properties on their own using the gps coordinates at the land listing, we are able to offer land at huge discounts.
Are there any liens or back taxes on the properties?
- All properties sold by OnceUponaBrick.com have a free & clear title and taxes are current at the time of conveyance. We convey (sell) land using a Warranty Deed or Special Warranty Deed. A Warranty deed and Special Warranty deeds offers stronger protection for our customers versus Quit Claim Deed.
Does the property have utilities?
- If the property has utilities, it will be clearly stated in the land listing description, otherwise the property should be considered an off-grid property.
- As with zoning & land use, we recommend due diligence by discussing utilities directly with the county for the very best and latest information. They will require the APN# which is on the property listing.
Do you offer owner financing? How do I get approved?
- Yes, we offer owner financing with no credit check, no pre-qualifying and 0% interest . It's a very simple process requiring a small down payment, and small monthly payments.
- A credit or debit card can be used to pay the down payment & document fee. Recurring monthly payments are debited from your choice of credit or debit card that you put on file.
- If you want to pay off the loan early, there is no prepayment penalty and we offer generous discounts for an early payoff.
What payment methods do you accept?
- For cash sales, we accept credit/debit cards, cashiers checks and bank transfers.
- For terms/owner financing, we accept credit or debit cards for the down payment.
- Payments are setup on a monthly automatic debit/credit card payment system. An email address is required for term sales (owner financing).
For a cash purchase, are there any costs/fees involved, other than what I see on the land listing?
- No. There are no other costs/fees to buy our land other than the price of the land.
Is there a Document Fee?
No. We cover this cost for you. This also includes the cost of recording deeds, notary fees, transfer tax and other misc. costs.
- Property Tax and the POA fee (if any) can be divided by 12 and added to the monthly payment at your discretion.
- If you want us to take care of this for you, We will pay the property taxes directly to the county until your last payment.
- Once the land loan is paid in full, your land deed will be sent to the county for recording and you will then be receiving tax bills directly from the county.
- After all payments have been made, we will have your deed notarized and email you a copy before mailing the original to the county for recording. After the county records your deed, they will mail the original to you with their recorder's sticker or stamp on it. This generally takes about 2 - 3 weeks.
- You are welcome to begin using the property as soon as you'd like. We only ask that you follow all county (and property association rules if applicable) rules and regulations and remain current on your land loan and property tax payments. We do not allow any permanent building on the property until it is fully paid off so that we will not have any issues with building permits etc.
- Properties are sold on a first-come, first-serve basis. When you are ready to purchase, feel free to click the "Buy Now" button and submit your down-payment. If you have any questions, please call or text us at 310-562-1744 or email us and we will proceed with the sale. That is the fairest way to handle business.
- If you want to place a non-refundable Deposit to Hold a property for up to two weeks, you may do so by contacting us and asking for the amount of required deposit.
- All sales are considered final at the time a property is purchased for cash or a down payment is made for owner financing. Please do your due diligence before making your purchase so that your land is right for you.
- We do allow a 30 day grace period before nulling the contract, but please contact us to let us know if you are going to be late.
- We will certainly consider giving you an offer. Please call us!
It is always very helpful for us to have a phone-call over the phone to discuss your land investing needs and questions, but, if you are currently at work, busy or reached us after business hours, here are some frequently asked questions our customers ask us and the answers to them.
ANY QUESTIONS? 📞 CALL OR TEXT US (310)-562-1744
✉️ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Once Upon a Brick Inc. Land Investments™
3015 E. New York St, Suite A2-287, Aurora, IL 60502
Open: Monday - Friday - 9AM to 5PM CST
Buy with Confidence, 264+ Properties Sold this Year!